Faith and Confidence can open more doors than you expect. Believe in yourself.
Well.. It’s good to be back
I had planned to delete my blog and start over. But I just couldn’t let go. I have done it before and to be honest the results weren’t that different. So much has happened since I last blogged. So many realizations and growth. I feel like a new person.
- I have moved continent. I finally took a leap of faith and moved back to Swaziland. I am not yet sure if this is a permanent thing but I know this is where my heart is at the moment.
- I have a new voice. My old posts where always me second guessing myself and what I was writing about. Now I am more confident that what I will share is all me. Doing it Tiwi style.
- I am sure you have all noticed I changed the blog name to Miss Tiwi. That’s because Tiwi’s closet is now the name of my brand. I felt that the name had out grown the blog and was no longer relevant.
Thing’s I would like for this new phase in my blogging adventure:
- I need to take on the more challenging ideas. when I started this blog it was to share my personal style and what I know about fashion. I want to that back. I am really going to put time into what I write and do. I owe it to myself. My blog has done so much for me. Even through my own inconsistency it has opened new doors and introduced me to new people. So it’s time for me to really create what I want to create.
- You will be seeing more and more posts about natural hair, lipstick , travelling. I may try making videos but that is something I feel I need to give more thought.
- More styling and lookbook posts and the old age OOTD posts.
I am excited but I am also ready to put in the time .
So a bit about the pictures in this post. They were taken by my talented friend Tina.
Check out her tumblr (www.afrobohemian-nomad.tumblr.com) and Instagram @afro_boheme.
We took the pictures in my neighborhood, right outside people’s houses and using the old local park. This shoot for me was all about hair, femininity and nature. These pictures instantly made me feel confident and they portray how I feel about my future. You know guys sometimes we know things but knowing and internalizing are two different things. The things I am talking about are faith and confidence. I call these pictures A refreshing, bolder, fearless change.
I look forward to riding this new wave with you my readers. It promises to be an interesting and fruitful journey.
Wishing you a productive and happy week